I did the seven-day juice cleanse
What I wouldn’t do for you guys…so, I decided I had to try following a juice cleanse, to see what it did to my body and how it would make me feel, to let you know if it’s a “go” or a “no”. And it was awesome! When we say “juice cleanse” we mean getting nutrition strictly out of juices and plant-based milks. This is a way to give your body a rest from having to process fats, additives, and countless other toxins since it’s free from everyday work on digestion. Think of it as a spring-cleaning for your body!
Yes, I know, tough but worth it. The first day I felt like everything bad was leaving my body, giving me energy and a lightness I had never experienced. Second day was kinda hard. I was hungry, I missed chewing on something and by the afternoon, I almost quit. But. But. On the third morning, I woke up ready to conquer the world. My skin was glowing, I was ready to bend iron and I went around town like I was boss. By the end of day seven, I never wanted the cleanse to end…
You don’t have to follow a seven-day plan if you want to try it out. Some people do it for three days, some for 15.
But before you order your juice plan from a certified raw-bio provider, check out my tips list!
- Before the cleanse, follow a pre-detox diet, free from alcohol and bad toxins like meat, in order to prepare your body the best way possible. Swap your morning coffee for matcha tea, drink plenty of water and introduce more veggies into your diet.
- Keep your lemon water morning routine throughout your cleanse. This is the best way to prepare your body for all the goodness it will take in, during the day.
- Be consistent. Drink a juice every 3 hours, giving your metabolism the routine it needs to support your effort!
- If you feel like going crazy at the gym, go ahead. If you feel like snuggling, cool. Just listen to what your body needs. Juice fasting brings you in contact with your body’s real needs, so just listen.
- After the cleanse, take it easy for a few days. Start with soups and veggies, gradually introducing carbohydrates and protein.
- And, remember: you might miss chewing on something; you might get an urgent craving. Fight it off the best way you can, BUT if you give in, don’t beat yourself up about it, just get back up again and keep with the program.
Have you ever done a cleanse? Write to me, I want to hear all about it!