What do berries really do for you?
- They are packed with ANTIOXIDANTS: Berries contain antioxidants which help keep free radicals under control. Free radicals are unstable molecules that occur as a normal byproduct of metabolism. It’s important to have a small number of free radicals in your body to help defend against bacteria and viruses. One study showed that blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries have the highest antioxidant activity of commonly consumed fruits, next to pomegranates.
- Keep that Belly FULL: Berries are a good source of fiber. Studies have shown that consuming soluble fiber slows down the movement of food through your digestive tract, leading to reduced hunger and an increased feeling of fullness. This may decrease your calorie intake and make weight management easier.
- Delicious & NUTRICIOUS! In addition to being high in antioxidants, they also contain several vitamins and minerals. Berries, especially strawberries, are high in vitamin C. In fact, one cup of strawberries provides a whopping 150% of the RDI for vitamin C.
- Your Body’s WARRIORS: Inflammation is your body’s way of mounting a defense against infection or injury. Studies suggest that the antioxidants in berries may help lower these inflammatory markers. As straightforward as it gets.
- Get that GLOW: You eat them, you glow. They work pro our skin. Berries support skin elasticity, healthy connective tissues as well as a clear epidermis. Oh! Not to mention their ability to boost collagen production.
Have them in your breakfast, as a quick snack or even to break those midnight cravings. Personally, berries are my happy snack, my new addiction!!