1 cup red quinoa
1.1/2 cups water
4 boiled beetroot
6 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp. Chia seeds
4 tbsp. Raw pistachio kernel chopped
Boil quinoa over medium heat with 1.1/2 cups of water for 10 to 15 minutes (we don’t want to overcook quinoa). Set aside and let cool completely before using.
Thinly slice boiled beetroot with a mandolin
In a small bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, grated ginger, mustard, salt stir with a fork until creamy.
Put quinoa on a plate, add thinly sliced beetroots, pour vinaigrette, sprinkle with thinly sliced pistachio and chia seed and serve.
Why Is It Awesome?
- Lose fat, gain muscle kind of combo
Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat. It is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids.
- Most efficient grain. Super high in protein, fiber & antioxidants – should I say more??
- ..and relax! Beets are high in potassium which is essential for healthy nerve function.
- Lunch – keeps you satisfied till dinner!
- Dinner – as an appetizer or if u’d rather have a light dinner